[cairo] Dia as a new Cairo testbed

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Mon May 24 18:22:37 PDT 2004

On Mon, 24 May 2004 18:05:10 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Cool.  We'll try to figure out where the remaining problems are. I tested
> the .svg file with the cairo-based 'xsvg' program which generated different
> output.
>
> 	http://keithp.com/~keithp/download/render-test.html

Thanks Keith. I was about to post the same.

> (The images in this version don't appear at all because the svg-cairo
> library doesn't handle them yet).

No, libsvg-cairo does handle external images, (which these are). It's
just that you didn't get the necessary PNG images with the SVG. (It is
true that libsvg does not yet handle inline images).

> > Text rendering is known to be limited in Cairo (the so called 'toy api'
>
> If dia uses pango for text rendering, we should be good to go once there's a
> cairo backend for pango.

And in the meantime, there is more than the toy API available, (but it
does require talking to freetype). Keith may be right that it's easier
to just do this once inside of pango.