[cairo] Dia as a new Cairo testbed

Hans Breuer Hans at Breuer.org
Tue May 25 05:32:04 PDT 2004

At 03:24 25.05.04, Carl Worth wrote:
>On Tue, 25 May 2004 00:33:40 +0200, Hans Breuer wrote:
> > To get an educated opinion about current abilities of Cairo I've written a
> > Dia [1] export filter based on Cairo.
>
>Hans, thanks so much for trying this out. I love to see people playing
>with cairo. It's great to see which holes in cairo are causing people
>pain.

You can find some of the pain in the source marked by //FIXME:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/dia/plug-ins/cairo/diacairo.c?view=markup
also some of it is mentioned in my other mail to Keith.

> > BTW: for the curious, me using Cairo does also mean I've sucessfuly
> > compiled it on win32 with the Micro$oft toolchain.
>
>Do you have any patches you would like me to commit for this? A fe
>people have mentioned they got this working with some effort, but I
>don't think I've ever gotten a clean patch ready to commit. (If I
>dropped something on the floor that someone sent earlier, please let me
>know).

One thingh was to s/CAIRO_CHECK_SANITY (cr);/CAIRO_CHECK_SANITY (cr)/ cause
at least msvc does not like the stray semicolon left otherwise.
Another thing msvc headers not having M_PI. And also a 'long long' left over.
[Can't make a patch right now cause I need to merge recent cairo changes
before.]

Than there are some additional files required, namely makefiles, export
definitions and a faked stdint.h. They are available at :

http://hans.breuer.org/dia/cairo-msvc-2004-05-25.zip

Just don't put them into cvs from *NIX without first converting first from
windoze to *NIX lineends ;-)

The build infrastructure used is the same a describe in
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/glib/README.win32

Thanks,
         Hans