[cairo] Cairo on win32

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Thu May 27 06:08:17 PDT 2004

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> > > It also includes a load of #pragma
> > > directives to export the symbols for building a DLL.
>
>Hmm, don't such #pragmas work only with MSVC? The more portable
>solution would be to collect the exported symbols into a .def file,
>that works both with MSVC and gcc.
>
>(OTOH, when using gcc, if you don't have any __declspec(dllexport)
>attributes, and no .def file either, gcc will automatically export all
>global symbols. But if you want to be MSVC-friendly, you cannot rely
>on that.)
>
>--tml

Yes, i know it's MSVC only, but a def file is static, and since some
symbols should be exported conditionally this won't work well. On the
other hand, it's not such a huge issue to edit a def file before
compiling. Maybe a def file + preprocessor would be idea, or some script.
I don't mind to use a def file, i guess both solutions aren't perfect.
Anyone else got an idea?

-Maarten