[cairo] Sucess on miniglx and glitz

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 11:53:21 PDT 2004

I finally got my first freedesktop logo to show using glitz and miniglx. Miniglx
has some bugs and it's was missing a few functions needed to run the glitz
demos. I also found one bug in the radeon solo driver. It is a real pain
debugging apps that display no output but don't get any errors either.

Now that I have done this it would definitely be better to ignore miniglx and
use the kernel API directly. You can't assume miniglx is a real glx, it is only
about 5% of it. Next I need to rewite glitztest to use kernel input support
instead of X since I don't want to rebuild X input support. After that I'm make
another pass over glitztest and remove the glx code and switch to using
mesa-solo directly.

The attached patch adds a miniglx rendering target to glitz. Since the glx and
miniglx targets are almost the identical I did this by defining -DGLITX_GLX or
-DGLITZ_MINIGLX and adding a few #ifdefs in the code. The patch also has
glitz_glx_close_root() for closing the root window to work around the single
window limit in miniglx.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com