[cairo] getting assertions [cairo_cache.c:143: _entry_destroy: Assertion `cache->used_memory > entry->memory' failed]

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Nov 4 09:49:38 PST 2004

I'm working on Squeak bindings for libcairo.

Mostly things are going OK (this *is* a big API!),
but from time to time I get some assertions.

I'm certain that there's something I don't understand here and am doing wrong
(I'm not used to manual memory management!),
but I was reassured when I transcribed my exploding Squeak program into C and it still blew up.

The attached program dies on me with the assert

$ ./testCairo
testCairo: cairo_cache.c:143: _entry_destroy: Assertion `cache->used_memory > entry->memory' failed.
Aborted

Can anyone point me to the problem here?
I'm using Cairo from CVS.

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz