[cairo] getting assertions [cairo_cache.c:143: _entry_destroy: Assertion `cache->used_memory > entry->memory' failed]

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sat Nov 13 19:45:07 PST 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 17:29:47 -0500, Carl Worth wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 09:49:38 -0800, Ned Konz wrote:
> > but from time to time I get some assertions.
>
> I was able to whittle your test case down to something quite small and
> reasonable looking that still tickles cairo the wrong way:
>
>     cairo_select_font(cr, "sans", 0, 0);
>     cairo_scale_font(cr, 40.0);
>
>     cairo_select_font(cr, "sans", 0, 0);
>     cairo_scale_font(cr, 40.0);

It turns out that the bug was triggered only by calling
cairo_select_font in succession with identical parameters. I've
committed a fix for this now. Please let me know if you see further
problems.

-Carl

PS. Sorry I was a bit slow to fix this. I'd like to be more responsive
to bugs bad enough to lead to a crash like this. But I had to digest a
fair amount of new cache code to track this down.