[cairo] Simple Font question

Peter Dennis Bartok peter at novonyx.com
Tue Oct 5 16:21:35 PDT 2004

Hi All,

I have a (hopefully) simple question:

When I call cairo_scale_font() it ultimately ends up calling
cairo_matrix_scale(). That means if I call cairo_scale_font() multiple
times, it keeps scaling up the size. Is that the intended behaviour, or
should it maybe call cairo_matrix_set_scale() instead? If it keeps scaling
on every call, it's hard to reuse a context and just change font sizes
without keep track what it's scaled to.

Thanks for your time!

  Peter

PS: It'd be nice to have a call similar to cairo_glyph_extents() but where
instead of just the bounding rectangle is returned, I can request an array
with the extents of every glyph. For WYSIWYG apps or applications where text
needs to be formatted and wrapped into a rectangles (like GDI+ DrawString
requires)