[cairo] SVG Spacewar

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 1 06:47:00 PST 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 22:14:07 +1200, Keith Bauer wrote:
> Is this not what SVG+CSS allows?

Indeed it does.

> Do any of the open-source SVG libraries support CSS to any extent?

Sometime after I forked libsvg/libsvg-cairo off of librsvg, I believe
librsvg picked up some CSS support (through libcroco if I'm not
mistaken).

One thing that's been needed for a while is to get these two SVG
libraries merged into using a single code base one way or
another. Caleb Moore has recently been doing some significant
reworking of librsvg to allow it to support multiple rendering
backends, specifically so that it can have a cairo backend. So, when
that work is complete, he may have one (or two or three depending on
how things get split up) libraries ready which will let us throw away
libsvg and libsvg-cairo.