[cairo] API Shakeup: cairo_current_matrix

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Apr 7 10:00:06 PDT 2005

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 15:36:02 +0200, David Reveman wrote:
> What's the plan for supporting projective transformations of patterns?
> We can't use cairo_matrix_t if it's 3x2.

Right.

It's pretty clear to me that the pattern transform is the odd one out
on this one. We've got (or will have soon) the following functions
that work with a 3x2 cairo_matrix_t:

	cairo_transform
	cairo_set_matrix
	cairo_set_font_matrix
	cairo_font_create	(two cairo_matrix_t* arguments)
	cairo_get_matrix

And then we've proposed adding projective transformation support for
patterns which would affect the following two functions:

	cairo_pattern_set_matrix
	cairo_pattern_get_matrix

So I think we'll just want a different matrix datatype
there. cairo_projective_matrix_t ? cairo_pattern_set_project_matrix ?