[cairo] Another win32 build attempt

Hans Breuer hans at breuer.org
Sun Apr 10 14:03:31 PDT 2005

Being enough annoyed of auto*tools versus hand-written
or hand-clicked makefiles I've succesfully tried a different
approach with cairo.

It is supposed to give you the best of both worlds. Be
dynamic where it needs to. But use native tools where
it can. The tool is called CMake [1].

And the patch (again including some minor build fixes
for win32) is here:

http://hans.breuer.org/gtk/cairo-2005-04-10-hb.diff

Currently only tested on win32 with msvc (still my main
development environment) the CMake files are supposed
to work on Linux, Unix and MACOSX. It is even claimed that
CMake is superior over Automake [2]. But I don't care much.
The thing I like is using my native compiler without various
repeated loops trough configure.
Once setup building is as fast as it can get.

It would be a pleasant suprise if this one can be included
with cairo cvs. And YES I am volunteering to maintain it.

Thanks,
	Hans

[1] http://www.cmake.org
[2] http://tools.devchannel.org/devtoolschannel/03/12/15/2139255.shtml