[cairo] Re[4]: Cairographics on win32

Hans Breuer hans at breuer.org
Sun Apr 17 08:21:16 PDT 2005

Am 14.04.2005 um 16:06 schrieb Mike Emmel:

> I think a more productive approach is to identify  the failings of
> autoconf and friends for the Win32 platform and determine if it can be
> fixed
If you think fixing auto*tools is a feasible option just go ahead
and try. I don't.

> instead of throwing it out.
Noone is proposing to throw it out. But from my experience with
auto*tools (on windows) and form the mere existence of other
cross platform build tools trying one of them looks reasonable
to me.

[...]
> them. Generally I've found "Windows" build tools to break horribly
> between windows variants so the windows build stuff only works for a
> few windows enviroments. Autconf can at the minimum tell me what I
> need to get a correct build enviroment.

Does not look like a big help if the only way to get it working is
patching it. I already wasted days of work to get auto*tools running
for me and only got them somewhat working with the help of some
experts [1]. Setting up CMake and writing the first version of
working (for the msvc build) control files was a matter of few hours.

	Hans