[cairo] Building cairo-ocaml

Olivier Andrieu oliv__a at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Apr 18 14:31:14 PDT 2005

 > Jonathan Roewen [Sun, 17 Apr 2005]:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I'm trying to build the cairo-ocaml package, but make is giving me
 > problems:

what version of cairo are you using ? cairo-ocaml worked with the last
snapshot (cairo-0.4) but I haven't much time to work on it since.

 > make -C src all
 > make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jroewen/os/kernel/libraries/cairo-ocaml/src'
 > /home/jroewen/os/kernel/ocaml/ocaml/bin/ocamlc.opt -c  cairo_channel.ml
 > File "cairo_channel.ml", line 1, characters -1--1:
 > Could not find the .cmi file for interface cairo_channel.mli.
 > make[1]: *** [cairo_channel.cmo] Error 2
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jroewen/os/kernel/libraries/cairo-ocaml/src'
 > make: *** [all] Error 2
 >
 > I'm not too familiar with all the complexities of make and Makefiles,
 > so I don't know what to change to make everything work. I've already
 > built cairo and libpixman...

the error message means make is trying to compile files in the wrong
order. Try `make clean' and then remove src/.depend : make should
compute dependencies and hopefully compile things in the right order
this time.

--
   Olivier