[cairo] "export" annotations on public APIs

Robert O'Callahan rocallahan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 20:59:12 PDT 2005

Integrating Cairo into Mozilla, we've run into a problem building Cairo as a
shared library --- there are no annotations to indicate which functions
should be exported from a shared library, when building on a platform that
doesn't export all symbols by default. This affects not only Win32, but now
also gcc4 when we use "#pragma GCC visibility" to hide internal symbols.
Would a patch that adds a CAIRO_EXPORT macro to all public functions (by
default, defined to nothing) be looked upon favourably?

Rob
--
["Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my
presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your