[cairo] Updated cairogears?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Apr 29 13:22:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 15:05:40 -0500, Paul Best wrote:
> I haven't been able to build cairogears against either the last
> snapshot release, or the current cvs. I had it working before I
> upgraded my machine, and since then I've had no luck. Has there just
> been an API change that has broken it for the time being?

Looks quite like it. See below.

> Is there an updated version somewhere that will get it building
> again?

Updated? I don't even know where the original one is. We should get
that source into CVS.

> trap.c:172: warning: implicit declaration of function
> `cairo_set_alpha_DEPRECATED_BY_cairo_set_source_rgba'

This means that the cairo_set_alpha function has now been deprecated
by cairo_set_source_rgba. So you'll want to take the alpha value from
that call, find a nearby call to cairo_set_rgb_color, change that to
cairo_set_source_rgba, and add the alpha value.

> text2.c:34: error: parse error before '*' token
> text2.c:34: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `font'
> text2.c:34: warning: data definition has no type or storage class

This might be text API changes, but it doesn't look like we were as
clever at getting the compiler to spit out a useful diagnostic here,
so I can't guess what the problem might be without seeing the source.