[cairo] pattern with skew matrix broken with xlib backend

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Aug 4 13:41:48 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 15:26 -0500, Tim Rowley wrote:
> Here's a shot at adjusting the comments as suggested.

Looks good to commit, except for:

+/* There is a bug in most older X servers with compositing using a
+ * repeating source pattern when the source is in off-screen video memory,
+ * and another with repeated transformed images using a general tranform
+ * matrix. When these bugs could be triggered, we need a fallback: in the
+ * common case where we have no transformation and the source and
+ * destination have the same format/visual, we can do the operation using
+ * the core protocol, otherwise, we need a software fallback.

The comment "in the common case .... using the core protocol" only applies
to the first bug.

I'd probably also qualify "repeating source pattern when the source is in
off-screen video memory" to "untransformed repeating source pattern when ...
" to make the checks we are doing clearer.

Regards,
						Owen