[cairo] Re: [cairo-announce] cairo release 0.9.2 now available

Kristian Høgsberg krh at bitplanet.net
Mon Aug 15 07:56:09 PDT 2005

Carl Worth wrote:
> A new cairo release 0.9.2 is now available from:
>
>         http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-0.9.2.tar.gz
>
>     which can be verified with:
>
>         http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-0.9.2.tar.gz.sha1
>         6b9139a9dafae6593dd5bcdf89308ff42c32e689  cairo-0.9.2.tar.gz
>
>         http://cairographics.org/snapshots/cairo-0.9.2.tar.gz.sha1.asc
>         (signed by Carl Worth)

The freetype cache eviction code in 0.9.2 has a bug that is fixed on cvs
head.  I came across it when I was embedding more than 10 fonts in a
postscript file, but I believe it will cause the same spurious firefox
crashes as we saw with 0.6, where the font options caused similar
eviction problems.  In the fedora development 0.9.2-1 rpm I've added the
attached patch to fix the problem, other packagers might want to do the
same.

cheers,
Kristian