[cairo] Cairo ported to OS/2 - Suggestions

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at cs.toronto.edu
Tue Aug 16 16:11:40 PDT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Carl Worth wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:47:24 -0400 (EDT), Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> > Or via overriding default visibility in cairoint.h for example.
>
> What's the syntax for that? That sounds easier than always remembering
> to add cairo_private to all of the internal-declared symbols. (Note
> my commits on 2005-08-09 and 2005-08-10 to fix several that were
> missing).
>
> And is the support for this in as old a version of gcc as we are
> currently checking for?

I *think* it's new in gcc 4.0.  But considering that nothing
catastrophic happens if those symbols get actually exported,
there's not much harm in moving to this scheme completely.  The
sintax is as simple as:

#pragma GCC visibility push(hidden)

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility

One very wrong thing about info and web pages of gcc, glibc,
autotools, etc is that they don't mention when a feature was
added.  Gtk+ has got this right.  Would be nice to have that in
Cairo too.

> -Carl

--behdad
http://behdad.org/