[cairo] Misplaced glyphs in PDF backend

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Sat Aug 20 03:38:09 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-19 at 18:26 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> [ Meant to Cc: the list, but forgot. Resent ]
>
> On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 21:56 +0100, Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro wrote:
> >   OK, I think I have a real bug here.  Not sure whether it is cairo or
> > pango bug.  My initial bet is on cairo.
>
> I'd suggest you file this bug in bugs.freedesktop.org, so we don't
> forget about it. It would, of course, be nicer to have a test case
> that doesn't use Pango, but failing that, a pangocairo test case
> would give us something to work with.

   The test program I used was:

   http://telecom.inescporto.pt/~gjc/CairoMath/pangocairo-simple.py

> Pango doesn't know about any difference between PDF and PNG, so
> if the output is different, it probably is a PDF backend bug.

  Thanks.  That was one of my initial doubts.  I wasn't so sure how
pango and cairo text rendering were related, or whether the bug could be
in pango.  So, pangocairo just does layout and cairo provides the
individual glyphs, with respective metrics, I suppose?  In such case, I
suppose I could trigger this with a cairo-only test program, and I'll
try to do so soon.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro