[cairo] cairo_win32_surface_create api change

Stuart Parmenter stuartp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 14:54:02 PST 2005

Here is my patch.

The things "set up so that the width/height *are not* necessary" are
broken it turns out.  You are using the clipbox as the width/height of
the surface which will almost always be wrong if you're using
clipping. Backend functions such as get_extents need to actually
return the proper values for things to work.  Both of these tests hit
code paths that use get_extents after setting the clip region to null
resulting in a 0,0,0,0 return from get_extents which ends up clipping
out lots of stuff, which isn't really what you want.

It also isn't going to always be the case that the clip rect that is
set on the window you pass in is really the width and height of the DC
that you're interested in which means that using it in the first place
will be wrong.

stuart