[cairo] angular gradient

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Dec 7 09:11:17 PST 2005

On Wed, 07 Dec 2005 13:30:22 +0100, "Leon Woestenberg" wrote:
> Checking cairo to see if I could mimick this, I saw cairo does not
> support angular gradient. Can I file this on the Bugzilla feature
> wish-list,

Please feel free to shove a request into bugzilla if you'd like.

> or is it something not belonging inside cairo for some reason?

To me it looks like a fairly reasonable thing to add. And imitating
the existing (dog slow) radial gradient code should make the
implementation quite easy.

I would be even more interested in seeing code added to provide fully
arbitrary gradient computation (such as a triangle mesh or something
more elaborate). The various proposal for gradients based on distance
from the current path also seem quite compelling.

There are lots of fun possibilities here. All that's really needed is
for people to jump in and try some things out.