[cairo] Some preliminary coverage results for the cairo test suite

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Dec 14 16:28:23 PST 2005

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 13:46:36 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> An earlier step would be to get the Makefiles setup to generate this
> report. Here's some of what I did to get this far, if anyone else
> would like to attempt to replicate it:

I've just committed a patch for cairo's configure script from
Pierre-Alain Joye (based on the gcov support that PHP has which was
written by Jani Taskinen and Ilia Alshanetsky).

This patch adds a --enable-gcov option. Passing this flag takes care
of the necessary compilation flags, checks that adequate versions of
the lcov utilities are available, and does some checking for ccache,
(it's not entirely robust so manually setting CCACHE_DISABLE=1 is
still required).

All that's left is getting the -lgcov option into the right place and
a couple of simple Makefile targets for actually running the gcov/lcov
utilities.

I don't know what the problem was that I was having with shared
libraries and gcov. It doesn't appear to be an issue now.

Thanks Pierre!