[cairo] Compiling error for cvs copy of cairo?

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Sat Feb 5 02:44:20 PST 2005

On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 17:29:11 -0600, Bob Jamison wrote:
> I am getting the same thing.  Maybe anoncvs is out of sync with
> the project repository?

No, there's only one repository. But it is my understanding that glitz
is currently lagging the most recent backend changes in cairo. This
may be causing the error you are seeing.

Possible workarounds would be to turn off the glitz backend when
building cairo:

	./configure --disable-glitz

or to back cairo up to before the backend changes:

	cvs update -D 2005-01-26

(That might be a bit further than strictly needed, but on that date,
cairo was all up-to-date with respect to glitz 0.4.0).