[cairo] enhanced Cairo::Context#save

Øyvind Kolås islewind at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 04:01:21 PST 2005

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:15:20 -0500, MenTaLguY <mental at rydia.net> wrote:
> Per the conversation with Ned, here's a version of Cairo::Context#save
> that optionally takes a block to perform the usual Ruby "wrapped
> save/restore" idiom.

I'd prefer if all syntactic sugar was kept in rcairo/packages/cairo/lib/cairo.rb
in the same matter that the syntactic sugar for allowing
cr.rgb_color=0.2, 0.3, 0.4 should be handled entirely in ruby land.

The speed hit taken by doing this in ruby should not be a problem, if
it turns out to be a problem, portions of cairo.rb can be ported to c
later when we have full API coverage and an api that can be agreed
upon.

/Øyvind K./pippin

--
Software patents hinder progress | http://swpat.ffii.org/