[cairo] cairo anti aliasing

Leon Woestenberg leonw at mailcan.com
Sun Feb 20 11:48:10 PST 2005

Hello Tim, Øyvind,

Tim Janik wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 16:45:52 +0100 (CET), Tim Janik <timj at gtk.org> wrote:
>>
>> For a CRT monitor a more expensive sampling operations, either based
>> on a gaussian integral centered on the sampling point would probably
>> be more correct, but give an unreasonably blurry result on an LCD
>> display.
>

> yeah, a gaussian integral centered on the sampling point is essentially
> what i've been using in my rendering routines so far and is what i'd
> like to see implemented in cairo as well.

Me too, for television type of displays. I have gathered lots of papers
and web resources on the different kind of high-end anti-aliasing
approaches. I just have not filtered them by availability yet (some
need an account at the publishing source).

Are your rendering routines open-source?

We could share some information here to see if we can work towards a
CRT optimized anti-aliasing method for cairo.

Regards,

Leon.