[cairo] Missing cairo_surface_copy_page/cairo_surface_show_page?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Jan 4 15:18:59 PST 2005

Around 17 o'clock on Jan 4, Carl Worth wrote:

> I don't think these functions would make sense. They like drawing
> operations to me, and drawing operations should go through the main
> cairo_t API.

That seems fine.  I did have to create a temporary cairo_t to perform a
copy_page operation when closing a postscript (or png) surface, but that
doesn't seem a terrible cost.

These functions are between surface-configuration and drawing to me, and
precisely where the distinction should be drawn seems arbitrary, but I do
like erring in the smaller (but still functional) API direction.

-keith