[cairo] Very slow performance

Chris fltk at functionalfuture.com
Wed Jan 5 07:39:47 PST 2005

I finally got around to testing these patches.

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 18:36 +0900, TOKUNAGA Hiroyuki wrote:
> libpixman-fill-rect-unrolling.diff: It does only loop unrolling, doesn't
> use MMX nor SSE, though obviously we should use them. This patch reduce
> test running time from about 17.5 seconds to about 15.5 seconds only,
> not so efficient.

This did not make much difference in my tests.  Very, very small
difference if any at all.

> livsvg-cairo-not-create-surface.diff: Generated png seems correct, but
> I'm not confident in this patch, I want someone's review. This patch
> reduce test running time from about 15.5 seconds to about 3 seconds.

This on the other hand, made a massive difference.  I went from 10
second renders to 1 second.  The difference between unusable and usable.

Has anyone looked at this to see if it might break something?  My test
renders worked fine.  Was there a good reason for setting
state->child_surface?

--
// Chris