[cairo] Re: Notes on cairo/win32

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Jan 12 09:44:21 PST 2005

Around 12 o'clock on Jan 12, "Dimitrie O. Paun" wrote:

> Yes, that's a bummer, and I'm afraid not having it in Cairo would
> most likely mean Wine will have a sub-par graphics engine.

Oh we can do gamma corrected anti-aliasing, but until hardware supports
it in a way we can use (i.e. documented), it'll be really slow.  It's
not a cheap operation.

> The problem is that apps do all sort of strange things, and we
> almost have to be pixel perfect. Any fundamental reason why
> we can't programmatically turn off antialiasing in Cairo?

Nope; every API cairo is layered atop provides some mechanism, so it's
really just a matter of exposing the capability through the API.

-keith