[cairo] Qt example in cairo-demo

dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Wed Jan 26 01:51:38 PST 2005

> Hey, sorry to bother you again but after work today I sat down and
> cleaned it up a little bit.
> 1) I created a QCairoWidget which has a
> virtual void cairoPaint(cairo_t *)
> method which essentially replaces the QWidget::paintEvent. It's done
> essentially to enable people to just take the widget, stick it in their
> app and just use Cairo (either duble-buffered or not).
> 2) Instead of the old demo code it uses now kapow. It's a little bit
> more attractive and nicely shows how to use QCairoWidget.

Is there any chance that you enhance it further, e.g. to the following:
a QCairoPainter class which provides a C++/Qt binding for Cairo, hopefully
with convenience methods which make it QPainter source compatible.
Some QCairoPaintDevices, e.g. a QCairoWidget for screen rendering and a
QCairoPrinter which is used for printing / PDF generation?

Regards
Dirk