[cairo] Some experiments with gtk-doc

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 16:25:18 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-26 at 18:17 -0500, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On a whim I tried using gtk-doc on Cairo, and it, unexpectedly, had
> no problems parsing the headers. So, I spent a bit of time setting
> up the infrastructure and adding some docs, and it worked pretty
> well:
>
>  http://fishsoup.net/tmp/cairo-docs/
>
> Shows the output.
>
>  http://fishsoup.net/tmp/cairo-docs/cairo-cairo-matrix-t.html
>
> is a bit more filled in then the rest. (Had to write a bit of
> docs to have an example, that was the longest part of getting
> this set up :-)

OK, I landed this into CVS and moved all the interesting docs from
doc/reference/ to inline in gtk-doc.

I set up a nightly auto-build in my freedesktop.org account with
the results at:

  http://cairographics.org/~otaylor/cairo-docs/

I don't mind leaving the auto-build running in my account, but we
should probably hide the URL behind a mod-rewrite redirect
so that we can move it somewhere else later.

Still lots and lots of docs to write, but hopefully this will provide
a convenient framework for doing so.

For emacs users:

http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/gtk-doc/tools/gtk-doc.el?rev=1

Is extremely useful for writing function docs. Follow the instructions
in the comment to set it up, then just sit on a function definition
and hit C-x 4 h.

Regards,
					Owen