[cairo] some fixes and improvements to current cvs version of cairo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Jan 31 09:05:38 PST 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:44:26 +0100, David Reveman wrote:
> It includes a fix for the _cairo_gstate_init bug. This fix adds a
> default_pattern to the cairo_gstate struct and cairo_set_rgb_color can
> use this without allocating and destroying patterns all the time, and
> cairo_gstate_init can no longer fail. What do you think?

Does reducing the mallocs actually have any performance benefit here?

Another approach to fixing the potential failure of cairo_gstate_init
would be to make the allocation of the pattern lazy, (someone recently
fixed gstate->font in a similar way). That might be slightly less
complex.

In any case, if we do go this route, it seems that default_pattern
isn't the right name. Perhaps solid_pattern?