[cairo] Patch to compile w/ VC++ 6

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 16:21:21 PDT 2005

On 7/8/05, John Ehresman <jpe at wingide.com> wrote:
> Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> > Note that at least based on our experiences with libpixman in mozilla,
> > VC6 miscompiles various elements in pixman.  In particular, alpha
> > blending operations often give very bogus results.  VC71 doesn't
> > exibit the problems.  We ended up just compiling pixman with VC71 and
> > linking the static library in with our otherwise VC6 build.
>
> That's good to know.  Do you need similar changes to compile with VC71?

You do, yes; we got the typedefs via some includes of mozilla-specific
platform type files, but your solution is better. :)  M_PI and friends
are present in VC71, but only if _USE_MATH_DEFINES is defined.  It's
probably best to just explicitly define them if M_PI isn't defined,
since it might help other platforms as well.

    - Vlad