[cairo] patch for using XCopyArea when possible

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jul 15 12:05:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 11:55:37 -0700, Vladimir Vukicevic wrote:
> Here's an updated patch, along with three simple compositing tests
> that hit all 3 paths inside xlib's composite_surface.  The same tests
> are probably applicable to any other backends that want to try to
> optimize for this, especially since drawing pixel-aligned fully opaque
> images is pretty common in UIs.

Thanks for adding the tests. They look quite reasonable to me.

The only suggestion I would have is to give them names that are more
descriptive of what they are testing. Maybe something like:

	composite-integer-translate-source
	composite-integer-translate-over
	composite-integer-translate-over-repeat

Otherwise, please commit when you're happy with it.