[cairo] Getting cairo to clean up after itself

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Fri Jul 15 14:28:58 PDT 2005

Keith Packard wrote:

> An assertion that checked that each hash table really was empty would be
> useful here. That the function is called cairo_debug should steer normal
> applications away from trying to use it while things were active.

Actually I think it would be ok if Cairo does not work after using this
function. It's only purpose is to call it just before exit when doing a
valgrind. It frees everything Cairo knows about so that actual leaked
data can be detected. But attempting to call Cairo again is a programmer
error and should crash, so nobody thinks it's a good idea to put this in
the middle of the program.