[cairo] New CODING_STYLE document

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jun 3 14:57:47 PDT 2005

I just committed a new document to cairo in cairo/CODING_STYLE:

	http://cvs.cairographics.org/*checkout*/cairo/CODING_STYLE

which documents a few of the style conventions that are pretty much
already in place within the code.

I just ran through and checked the brace handling around every "else"
and changed several to match the guidelines in the document. It was
mostly things like changing:

	if (foo) {
	    this ();
	    that ();
	} else
	    the_other ();

to:

	if (foo) {
	    this ();
	    that ();
	} else {
	    the_other ();
	}

If anyone would be interested in reading through the document, I would
be interested in feedback on it. But most of what's there so far isn't
actually all that interesting.

What I'm more interested in now are some of the things that are
inconsistent in the current code base, (like error handling and
cleanup). I want to fix things like this and document them in
CODING_STYLE as we do so.