[cairo] Mozilla on Cairo

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Fri Jun 10 09:23:32 PDT 2005

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:07:59 +1200, Robert O'Callahan wrote:
> So far the suggestions have been:
> 1) force all edges to coincide with pixel edges at layout time
> 2) draw without coverage-based antialiasing and apply FSAA if resources
> allow
> 3) perform some sort of full-scene analysis (either in the app or in
> cairo) to identify shared edges and deal with them

There was another suggestion:

4) Draw all objects front to back, taking advantage of
   CAIRO_OPERATOR_SATURATE.

This won't be entirely general as it will only work if all objects
have a uniform Z value, (but I assume all mozilla objects have that
property).

This approach is exactly the way that OpenGL solves seam problems, (as
far as I understand), and as such it will be quite amenable to
hardware acceleration.