[cairo] Scrolling/Copying

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Jun 23 07:57:26 PDT 2005

On Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:52:53 +0000, Linuxhippy wrote:
> I completly disagree with this philosophy, current programs eat up cpu
> and memory for simple operations that was done 10years before at the
> same speed (just better optimized) - and especially a graphics-library
> should be as fast as possible under almost any situiation (espacially if
> many programs plan to completly rely on it as backend!).

I also want cairo to be as fast as possible in all situations.
In fact, that's the point I was trying to make in the previous
message, but maybe I wasn't very clear.

If there are parts of cairo that today are slower than they should be,
I don't want people to train themselves into avoiding them. That's why
I encourage people to code however they see fit so that we can find
out where the performance problems are.