[cairo] Bitmap font support

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Fri Jun 24 17:20:25 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 19:15 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Here's a patch on top of the last (now committed) that makes it
> transform the bitmaps when relevant when creating the glyph cache
> entries.

This code looks fine to me; I guess we should figure out how we can
apply the same code to scaling bitmaps when they are 'a long ways' from
the specified size.  My thought is that we should only scale when the
distance is great enough, perhaps a factor of 1.5 in either direction?

This is an often-requested feature of Xft and might help some projects
make the jump to cairo.

-keith