[cairo] Mac Tiger Core Image

Nathan Hurst njh at hawthorn.csse.monash.edu.au
Thu Mar 10 15:21:31 PST 2005

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 mental at rydia.net wrote:

> Quoting mental at rydia.net:
>
>>  2. dilate all shapes slightly before rendering so they overlap
>> sufficiently to eliminate fringing [ this is the approach taken
>> by the AntiGrain Geometry library ]
>
> Speaking of which, it turns out the AntiGrain folks have a page with
> sample images that illustrate the problem I'm talking about "in the
> wild":

This is due to computing the colours in the wrong space AFAICT.  I don't
think you get these if you live in sRGB or CIE.  Even getting the gamma
right probably solves 90% of this.  With hardware support changing colour
spaces becomes quite cheap (you do the colour space transform using the
stuff used for procedural textures, who's name escapes me).

njh