[cairo] A hidden offset for the Xlib backend

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 14 09:56:26 PST 2005

> > void
> > retained_compose_draw
> (cairo_shape_compose_context_t *_cx,
> > 		       cairo_shape_drawing_context_t *_cr,
> > 		       cairo_shape_viewport_t *view,
> > 		       cairo_surface_t *surface)
>
> I don't understand why there is an advantage to
> getting rid of the cairo_translate() here....

It is not important at the moment but if we want to
expose the matrix in the future, this might become
handy.  BTW: The code above shows why I think it
should be implemented as part of the gstate and not in
the surface; the surface is the only type I don't have
control over.

> presumably nothing in path_replay() cares about
> device coordinates?

The paths are always stored in device coordinates.

Jost