[cairo] Can't get cairo_ft_font_create_for_ft_face() to work right

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 17 18:54:55 PST 2005

I'm sure this is a stupid mistake on my part, but...

I'm using SNAPSHOT_0_4_0 from the CVS.

I'm trying to use cairo_ft_font_create_for_ft_face() so that I can use FT_Face
objects with Cairo.

But I haven't been able to actually get this to work right. No matter what I
do, Cairo still uses the default font!

Attached is a test program in C that demonstrates this. You can run it with a
single command line argument that names a Truetype font file.

It reports that it has loaded the font OK, and
cairo_ft_font_create_for_ft_face() also returns a font that says it's the
same as the loaded font, but when I actually create text, it's in the default
font.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
--