[cairo] MOZ-SVG-cairo (was: usable libsvg-cairo?)

Liam Breck svg at networkimprov.net
Wed May 11 22:25:39 PDT 2005

Considering the progress on Mozilla SVG, we're looking at pulling the
Mozilla SVG cairo backend into a standalone library, wrapped for use
outside Mozilla. It wouldn't parse the XML, but it would let you use any
parser or content model to drive rendering.

We need this (or something similar) for SVGTerm, a mechanism that
continually updates an SVG scene on one or more remote screens. (Embedding
Gecko would be overkill for this app.)

Is this something that others would like to have?

Would anyone foresee problems with this approach?

Liam Breck
Network Improv
http://networkimprov.net/airwrx/