[cairo] MOZ-SVG-cairo (was: usable libsvg-cairo?)

Liam Breck svg at networkimprov.net
Thu May 12 16:51:20 PDT 2005

On closer inspection, it looks like Mozilla SVG is so tied into the Gecko
framework that detaching it would mean writing a pseudo-gecko, which is not
what I had in mind.

What we want is simply an SVG-based API for cairo, so you can write:
  XxSvgRect(aContext, aSvgParameters);
  XxSvgTspan(aContext, aSvgParameters, textbuf, textlen);
I guess we should do a standalone lib that simply borrows heavily from the
Moz-SVG cairo backend.

Would others find this useful?

I don't want to duplicate the work of libsvg-cairo or librsvg if not
necessary; is my impression that these projects are not evolving as fast as
Moz-SVG correct?

Thanks,

Liam Breck
Network Improv