[cairo] SVG scene lib (was: MOZ-SVG-cairo)

Liam Breck svg at networkimprov.net
Fri May 13 13:43:22 PDT 2005

At 07:45 PM 5/12/05 -0700, Carl wrote:
>And it seems like it shouldn't be _too_ hard to make something that
>could work with both GTK+ and QT. I know that there are a couple of
>different approaches to abstracting/combining their event loops, so we
>might be able to start with something like that as a basis.

I see that the gnome canvas issues events in response to mouse/kb input.
Our SVG Scene mechanism is a bit lower level. We use the term "scene"
instead of "canvas" as the latter implies drying paint :)

Higher-level widgets or applets, which Scene doesn't define, create Scene
elements (based on SVG). Scene provides a method used by the application's
event processor to discover the element (if any) associated with a mouse
event. Widget-set fields on the element are then used by the event
processor to hand the event to the owner widget or applet. A group of
elements can be associated with an applet, enabling compound documents
where separate processes control content in the same scene.

I believe this is the correct architecture, and it's easy to plug into any
framework.

Liam Breck
Network Improv
http://networkimprov.net/airwrx/