[cairo] Clip region problems

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Thu May 19 11:37:40 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 11:09 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 15:49 -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > I think this is clearly the semantic we want. The problem is that
> > libpixman and RENDER don't work that way.
>
> RENDER can work this way; you just need to create another Picture
> referencin the same drawable.  There are other Picture attributes
> modified when using a Drawable as a pattern.
>
> To solve this, I just need to create a new cairo_surface_t that
> references the same pixels for each pattern.  This seems like an easy
> thing to do; I'll try that today.

I decided to do something simpler -- just create two pictures for each
xlib surface.  The pattern-related picture attributes were already
getting set each time the pattern was used, so I really don't need a
surface-per-pattern.  I can optimize that at least so we don't huge
amounts of redundant protocol.

I'm not sure what to do with the pixman surfaces; I suggest that we
actually change pixman to have an attribute which controls whether the
clip list affects sources so we can just set that for cairo.

-keith