[cairo] surfaces and backends

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sat May 21 08:20:37 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 11:08 -0400, Mike Emmel wrote:
> Look like your trying to sneak the g type system and GObject in.
> Why don't you just do a simple api that could map onto GObject
> if someone wanted ?
> It would be nice if the Cairo implemention could be GObject based
> if wanted. With some work this could be a compile time option

I think my proposal is about 10 lines of code to implement, total.
While it shares a bit of superficial resemblance to GType its
not in any way comparable.

My suggestion actually *simpler* to implement than Carl's suggestion.

In terms of making GObject optionally based on GObject, I can't
see how that would work. The code would be different internally
and the API would be different.

Regards,
						Owen