[cairo] Two problems with windows

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Nov 17 06:34:31 PST 2005

ChristianHirche at web.de writes:
 > My first step is to compile cairo on windows, but that doesn't work
 > with msvc 7.1!!  There are many warnings (i'm using the CVS from
 > yesterday, 17th november) AND errors.

You could have included a sample of the errors you get... I don't
think cairo should be that hard to build with MSVC. Maybe something is
temporarily broken in CVS, have you tried 1.0.0? (1.0.2 has a small
known error on Win32, Sthat's easy to fix though.)

 > Is there a project file

Not that I know, but then I build cairo for WIn32 using make and gcc.

 > The second problem is: I get a prebuild dll from ftp.gtk.org, but
 > if i want to compile a sample application, i get an undifined
 > reference to WinMain at 16... What's that?

This problem has nothing to do with cairo. Did you include any main()
(or WinMain()) function in your application at all? Can you get a
simple Hello World application to build that doesn't involve cairo at
all?

 > PS: I'm a newbee in cairo... Are there that big problems too, if 'm
 > using Linux or Mac OS X?

Not on Linux at least, all (?) fresh Linux distributions include
cairo. There shouldn't be any big problems on Windows either using the
prebuilt binaries.

--tml