[cairo] compiling latest snapshop on Solaris 9

Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu Greg.Dunkel at mail.cuny.edu
Tue Nov 22 16:02:04 PST 2005

I put automake, autoconf, libtool 1.5,  and m4 1.4.1 on the server and used
cvs to download the latest snapshot (as of 5:30 pm this afternoon).

When I issue autogen.sh I get the following messages

./autogen.sh: running `libtoolize --copy --force'
./autogen.sh: running `aclocal'
/usr/local/share/aclocal/gtk-2.0.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of
AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
  run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
  or see
http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending%20aclocal
configure.in:53: /usr/local/bin/m4: ERROR: Reading inserted file: No such
file or directory
autom4te: /usr/local/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal: autom4te failed with exit status: 1

Operating system is Solaris 9.  I used the automake and autoconf from
Sunfreeware but compiled libtool and m4 (the m4 on Sunfreeware is buggy.)

Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome  -- I need cairo to get a gui
version of nessus working.

/greg