[cairo] using cairo in c++

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Oct 12 06:56:44 PDT 2005

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 07:01:47 -0600, John Taber wrote:
> fltk configure uses 'pkg-config' to get the cairo lib paths and I had
> installed cairo from the tar source and I guess cairo "make install"
> does not update pkg-config as to where the cairo files are.

In general, with a pkg-config-aware software package, after one
configures it with:

	./configure --prefix=/some/prefix

One then also needs to ensure that the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment
variable is set along the lines of:

	PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/some/prefix/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}

> [Which would be handy to call out in the cairo installation page -
> btw when I'm done here I will do a section on using cairo with fltk]

If there's a wiki page that's missing some information, please feel
free to add it. If there's missing information somewhere where you
don't have access to add it, please let me know.