[cairo] FcPattern vs. font options

sunmoon1997 sunmoon1997 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 07:49:10 PDT 2005

hi,
  Another problem about text rendering.
  1. For cairo-1.0.x almost options that effecting font glyphs are token
from the FcPattern and font options (cairo_font_options_t) is ignored
sometimes for example, if I disabled antialias in gnome control centre,
that won't effect text rendering at all, all texts on my screen still got
antialiased(see testcase cairo-text-antialias.c).
  2. Then let's come to cairo-1.1.x, load flags that will passe to
FT_Load_Glyph are almost token from FcPattern but when rendering
glyphs cairo only use the rules stored in font options that usually no
keep identical with load flags.  That will make problems e.g cairo'll
antialias glyphs even I disabled antialiasing in fonts.conf.

Here is the initial patch(includeing some other fixes) to fix this
problem.
Any comments?

Jinghua Luo