[cairo] Problem installing the graphviz cairo plugin

Marco Manfredini mldb at gmx.net
Mon Sep 5 01:58:31 PDT 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 04:22, Andrew Mason wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to install the cairo plugin for graphviz, version 2.6.
> I did try that, and compiled cairo into /home/policy/cairo/  When I
> try and configure the graphviz cairo plugin by typing ./configure --
> prefix=/home/policy/graphviz PKG_CONFIG=/home/policy/cairo/lib/
> pkgconfig/cairo.pc

Oops. You set the name of the pkg-config executable to be used by configure to
the name of a pkg-config *data* file. Where do you have pkg-config installed?
Please point PKG_CONFIG to that file, if it isn't in you path.
And since you use a sub hierarchy under /home/policy, you will most likely
have to set PKG_CONFIG_PATH to /home/policy/cairo/lib/pkgconfig as well.

Marco